Port operations are necessary to facilitate maritime trade between trading partners. It is pivotal to ensure that the operations are smooth and avoid congestion in the harbour. Hence, port operations can be defined as all policies, reforms and regulations that influence the infrastructure and operations of port facilities. This includes shipping services.
Understanding port operations around vessels is essential for the sector. This is why the Escola chose to give professionals and students the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge around this subject, which will prove useful in the short-term and vital in the long-term.
- To provide training in port operations for vessels
- To show port operations and port facilities in detail and from a practical perspective
- To offer deep insight into maritime logistics, its actors and roles
- Students of port management, nautical and maritime transport, transport management and logistics
- Early or mid-career ship and port agents wishing to expand their knowledge
- Shipping company personnel wishing to understand the work of the agent
- Port terminal personnel wishing to understand how port operations and services work
Theoretical classes on port operations and on the port commununity given by professionals active in the sector.
Visits and workshops to port terminals and operational areas.
Networking activities and collaborative team work.
- The port community and port operations: terminals, cargo and agents
- Services to vessels: vessels, actors and services
- Services to vessels (II): mooring
- Services to vessels (III): aids to navigation
- Port security: areas division, regulations and planning
- Industrial Security: ISPS
- Environmental management of the port area
- The role of the Ship Agent
- Management of vessel suppliers
- Efficiency Network: quality plan for vessels
- The port of the future
- Visit to the Port of Barcelona
- Visits to port facilities:
- Pilot control tower
- Control center
|09:00||Welcome at the Escola Europea|
|09:45||The Port Community and port operations: terminals, cargoes and agents|
|10:30||Services to vessels: vessels, actors and services – E. Cortada|
|12:30||Maritime visit to the Port of Barcelona – M. Miquel|
|14:00||End of the day|