International maritime transport costs tend to be on average between two to three times as high as the custom duties of importing countries. Even so it is the cheapest way of transporting large amounts of goods compared with other transport methods.
Understanding port operations for goods is essential for the sector. This is why the Escola chose to give professionals and students the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge around this subject, which will prove useful in the short-term and vital in the long-term.
- To provide training in port operations for goods
- To show port operations and port facilities in detail and from a practical perspective
- To offer deep insight to types of terminals, cargo particularities and cargo inspections
- Students of port management, nautical and maritime transport, transport management and logistics
- Early or mid-career ship and port agents wishing to expand their knowledge
- Shipping company personnel wishing to understand the work of the agent
- Port terminal personnel wishing to understand how port operations and services work
Theoretical classes on port operations and on the port commununity given by professionals active in the sector.
Visits and workshops to port terminals and operational areas.
Networking activities and collaborative team work.
- Introduction: cargoes and their peculiarities
- Port security: areas division, regulations and planning
- Maritime assurances
- Infrastructure and functions of the Border Inspection Post
- EQ (containers, vehicles, marpol)
- Risk management: dangerous goods and emergencies
- Passenger services / loading and unloading of vehicles
- Land services to the merchandise: rail/ schedules of pick up truck
- Visit to the terminals:
- Containers – BEST Terminal
- Cars- Autoterminal
- Chemicals – Decal
- Solid Bulk cargo – ICL
- Visit to port facilities:
- Terminal Multipurpose – Portnou
|09:00||Welcome at the Escola Europea|
|09:15||Introduction: cargoes and their particularities|
|10:30||Port Security: areas division, regulations and planning|
|14:00||End of the day|