Training course in the introduction to maritime-rail intermodality
Accessing specific training in intermodal transport and the operations that take place to move between different modes of transport in ports, with a particular focus on rail transport, will allow you to design, build and manage door-to-door logistics operations more efficiently and safely, and will provide you with the tools to analyse direct costs and environmental impact for their subsequent optimisation.
Other (contact us)
Included in the tuition are the training materials and the diploma. Prices subject to change.
Discounts available for alumni and collaborators!
- Analyse the different elements that need to be combined for the provision of rail services.
- To provide the necessary training and information to those who want to decide and manage logistics chains in which rail can be a profitable alternative in terms of services, cost or time.
- To know the infrastructures and equipment necessary for the use of the railway.
- To promote the use of rail transport by disseminating its characteristics and particularities
- Professionals dedicated to the maritime-railway transport of freight and logistics
- Supply Chain specialists focused on transport
- Final year logistics, transport management and international business students
In this course participants gain a complete view of port-rail operations and terminals in ports connected by the railway. Highly experienced professionals explain first-hand how operations are organised, managed and developed in such logistics infrastructures.
Visits to facilities allow participants to learn in the field and experience the operational perspective of the rail-port connections.
Current Maritime-Railway Situation in Spanish Ports:
– Maritime-Railway Infrastructures
– Technical Characteristics of the Railway Freight Network
– Railway Freight Terminals
– Railway Accesses to Ports
– Interior Railway Network and its intersection in the Service Area
Key Elements of Rail Transport
Contracting of Railway Services
Case study presentation and discussion
The Port of Barcelona: a commitment to intermodality
PORTICrail: strategic info-structure
Success Cases: Transportes Tomás
Muy buena organización, profesores y contenido. Visitas muy interesantes igual que la oportunidad de conocer y hacer networking con los compañeros.
Visto desde el transporte convencional: increíbles, una visión completamente nueva.