By now you may have already heard, but if not let me be honoured in bringing you more exciting news regarding YEP MED‘s remarkable journey towards sustainability and community building. Not only have we been selected as a Top-18 Finalist in the Sustainability Awards of the International Association of Ports and Harbors, but we have also achieved the incredible feat of securing a spot as one of the top-3 finalists in the “Community Building” category—a testament to our dedication and innovation in this field.
Out of an impressive pool of 86 projects from around the world, YEP MED has emerged as a distinguished contender, showcasing remarkable dedication and innovation in the field of community building. This recognition serves as a testament to the significant impact and importance of our work in fostering sustainable and thriving communities.
At the Escola, we are acutely aware of the importance of aligning our efforts with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In fact, we try to tailor most of our courses and activities to align with some of them. These global goals, ranging from ending poverty and hunger to promoting quality education and clean energy, are our collective roadmap to a more equitable and sustainable world.
Our projects and initiatives are designed with the SDGs in mind. Whether it’s reducing our carbon footprint, improving the livelihoods of local communities, or ensuring the responsible use of resources, the Escola is committed to making a meaningful contribution to these vital global objectives.
But it’s not just about what we do; it’s about who is leading the charge. Young people are at the forefront of progress, driving innovation and advocating for change. They are the torchbearers of a brighter future, and I couldn’t be prouder of the Escola in supporting and nurturing the talents of these future leaders.
Through our Youth Empowerment Program, we have provided opportunities for young minds to take the lead in shaping our sustainable initiatives. Their fresh perspectives, boundless energy, and innovative thinking have not only enriched our projects but have also reinforced our commitment to youth-led progress.
This brings me back to the IAPH Sustainability Awards. As we near the end of this final phase of this prestigious competition, we invite you all to participate actively and show your support for our endeavor. The public voting period, which runs from September 5th to September 24th, provides an opportunity for everyone to cast their votes for the project they believe deserves the most merit. Each vote holds significant weight, contributing 30% to the total score, while the remaining 70% will be assessed by the esteemed IAPH expert jury.
You can vote by going to the IAPH website.
The winners of the IAPH Sustainability Awards will be unveiled during the illustrious Gala dinner of the World Ports Conference in Abu Dhabi on November 1st. This momentous occasion not only celebrates our accomplishments but also underscores YEP MED’s unwavering commitment to making a positive impact on communities, the environment, and the future generations who will inherit this world.
In closing, I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude to every member of the YEP MED team whose hard work, dedication, and innovative spirit have brought us to this remarkable point in our journey. Let us continue to work hand in hand, pushing the boundaries of sustainability and community building, as we aim for even greater heights in the future.
Thank you for your unwavering support, and together, let us leave a lasting legacy of sustainability for generations to come.